“If resilience had any real economic and societal value, then decision makers would be implementing it already”
At the Resilience Shift, our aim is a safer and better world through resilient infrastructure. This debate and audience Q&A, at the Global Knowledge Exchange event on 22 August 2018, posed this challenging question in a lively and opinionated discussion.
The views and opinions raised as part of this classic debating format do not represent the panel’s own views or those of any associated organisations.
Chaired by Dr Mark Fletcher, Global Water Leader, Arup, the panel included (pictured from left to right):
- Trevor Bishop, Director of Strategy and Planning, OFWAT
- Juliet Mian, Technical Director, Resilience Shift
- Fred Boltz, CEO Resolute Development Solutions, and Chair, City Water Resilience Framework
- Dr Mark Fletcher, Global Water Leader, Arup
- Ruth Boumphrey, Director of Research, Lloyd’s Register Foundation
- Cayley Green, Senior Resilience Analyst, City of Cape Town
- Diego Juan Rodriguez, Senior Water Resources Management Specialist, World Bank