WEDG employs an evidence-based approach, focusing on three key pillars of excellent waterfront design:
- Resilience: Reduce risks or be adaptable to the effects of sea level rise and increased coastal flooding, through setbacks, structural protection, and other integrative landscaping measures.
- Ecology: Protect existing aquatic habitats and use designs, materials, and shoreline configurations to improve the ecological function of the coastal zone, and strive to be consistent with regional ecological goals.
- Access: Be equitable and informed by the community, enhancing public access, supporting a diversity of uses, from maritime, recreation, and commerce where appropriate, thereby maximizing the diversity of the harbour and waterfront.
Content provided by developer.
- Who is it for? GovernmentOwners/OperatorsEnd Users (NB. Infrastructure owners, designers, community groups, environmental organisations, constructors, regulators, policy makers, etc.)
- Phase:Adapt, Prepare
- Sector: Water
- Sector specific?No
- Type: Approach or Guidelines
- Region: Americas
- Value Chain Stage: Design/Plan, Diagnose, Options
|Diagnose & Conceive||Design & Deliver||Operate & Maintain|