NIST had created EDGe$, based on the process found in the Community Resilience Economic Decision Guide for Buildings and Infrastructure Systems (EDG) and designed for use in conjunction with the NIST Community Resilience Planning Guide for Buildings and Infrastructure Systems (CRPG). EDGe$ is intended for community planners, resilience and budget officers, and the public.
The tool provides a transparent and flexible economic methodology based on best-practices for evaluating investment decisions aimed at improving the ability of communities to adapt to, withstand, and quickly recover from natural, technological, and human-caused disruptive events. The tool helps to identify and compare the relevant present and future resilience costs and benefits associated with new capital investment alternatives versus maintaining a community’s status-quo.
The case studies cited in the user manual are derived from the United States and the tool was developed with the United States context in mind.
Content provided by developer.
- Who is it for? GovernmentEnd Users (NB. Public Community Planners and Resilience officers. Local government)
- Phase:Adapt, Prepare
- Sector: CitiesCross-Sector
- Sector specific?Community level Resilience Planning, but skewed to buildings and Infrastructure Systems
- Type: Open Source/Freemium
- Maturity: In Use
- Region: Americas
- Value Chain Stage: Options, Procure
Join the conversation
|Diagnose & Conceive||Design & Deliver||Operate & Maintain|