resilienceshift.org is a website funded by Lloyds Register Foundation, a charity with registration number 1145988, whose registered office is at 71 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 4BS, United Kingdom (hereinafter referred to as “the Resilience Shift”). It is currently being operated by Ove Arup & Partners International Limited, a private limited company with registration number 00952468, whose registered office is at 13 Fitzroy Street, London W1T 4BQ, United Kingdom (hereinafter referred to as “Arup”). Throughout these terms and conditions, the term “We” refers to Arup unless the context otherwise requires.
We amend these terms from time to time. If you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand your rights and obligations surrounding your use of this website. These terms shall apply for as long as this site is operated by Arup.
PART 1: Your use of this website
You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
- Our site is made available to you free of charge, on the basis that:
- our use of the site in is solely at your own risk;
- you may access and use the site only as set forth in these terms and conditions;
- you consent to the collection, use, sharing and transfer of personal information (which may include the transfer and processing of your information outside your home country) in accordance with the data privacy statement set out at Part 3 of these terms and conditions; and
- as set forth in these terms and conditions, the site is made available “as is”.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in these terms and conditions.
- The content on this site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the site.
- No representations or warranties express or implied are made regarding this site’s performance, the accuracy or completeness of the data and/or information contained therein or any outputs arising therefrom. You must make your own investigations and assessments as required to satisfy yourself as to the adequacy or otherwise of the content of the site, and you assume full responsibility for any loss resulting from use (or misuse) of the site. You hereby indemnify us in respect of any loss or damage incurred in your use of the site.
Website content and accessibility
- We may update and change this site from time to time to reflect changes to our programme, activities, approach, users’ needs and the Resilience Shift’s charitable priorities. We will try to provide advance notice of any significant changes.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
- We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access this site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse this site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to this site, the server on which this site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this site. You must not attack this site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use this site will cease immediately.
- You may only access this site through its intended basic publicly-available user interface. You may not access any aspect of this site programmatically. In particular, you may not use any form of screen scraper, or other automated process, to access any part of this site’s human-machine interface.
- You may not attempt, or cause any third party to attempt, to access this site for penetration testing or other security or performance-related purposes without our prior written permission, which may be withheld or conditioned at our absolute discretion
Third party content – liability
- Where this site contains links or references to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- We are the owner and/or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in this site, and all intellectual property rights in the material published on it. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off an appropriately limited number of copies, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from this site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on this site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors and/or licensors) as the authors of content on this site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on this site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- You may link to our website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation (or the reputation of the Resilience Shift) or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to this site in any website that is not owned by you.
- This site must not be framed on any other site.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact [email protected].
Limit of liability
To the extent not prohibited by law, in no event shall Arup be liable for personal injury, or any incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, loss of data, business interruption or any other commercial damages or losses, arising out of or related to your use or inability to use this site, however caused, regardless of the theory of liability (contract, tort or otherwise) and even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation of liability for personal injury, or of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation may not apply to you. In no event shall Arup’s total liability to you for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount of fifty pounds (GBP £50.00). The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
Term and jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions will remain in effect until their termination or expiry. These terms and conditions, and your rights and licenses hereunder, will terminate immediately upon your breach of these terms and conditions. You may terminate these terms and conditions by permanently discontinuing your use of this site. We may terminate support of this site and/or thee terms and conditions, or limit or terminate your access to this site at any time for any reason.
PART 2: Data privacy
The Resilience Shift protects the privacy of individuals when handling any personal information and is compliant, as far as reasonably practicable, with relevant data protection and privacy laws by adhering to the following principles:
- Being transparent about the collection, use and disclosure of personal information
- Collecting and using personal information fairly and lawfully
- Only collecting personal information that is required and only keeping it for as long as is necessary
- Keeping personal information accurate and up to date
- Respecting the privacy rights of individuals granted by privacy laws
- Keeping personal information secure.
- We commit to keeping abreast of all applicable data protection/privacy laws of the jurisdictions in which we operate.
- We ensure that all of those working for us and on our behalf are aware of the obligations set out in this statement.
- We have set out clear processes to raise concerns about how we process personal information and for resolving any such concerns.
- Our privacy notices are clear, accessible and give sufficient information about how we use and share personal information and where personal information can be updated or corrected.
- Personal information no longer needed for its original business purpose is deleted/destroyed unless we have a legal obligation to retain personal information for a certain period.
What information do we collect?
When you use our website, please bear in mind that we may collect the following information:
- the areas of the website that you visit
- information about your computer, such as which browser you are using, your network location, the type of connection you are using (e.g. broadband, ADSL etc) and your IP address
We do this by using cookies, which are small files that help us track how our visitors use the website.
We ask for the following information when you subscribe to our blog round up and newsletter:
- your name
- organisation name
- email address
We may also add to this with information from telephone calls and/or other correspondence with you to help us build our knowledge about our engagement with you.
What do we do with the information we collect?
- The information we capture is used to keep in touch with you and to build our knowledge about audiences interested in the work of the Resilience Shift programme.
- This helps us to understand when it is appropriate to reach out to you if we believe you will be interested in working with us or interested in news about our programme and its activities.
- We will store this information during the life of the programme or as required by individual project activities. It is stored in the Resilience Shift programme area on the secure Arup network. We store mailing information – your name, organisation and email as a secured list on Mailchimp for email purposes.
- We may share your personal information with companies acting on our behalf who will only use the information to provide that service.
How to get copies of or amend the information we have collected
You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you under data protection laws. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please write to us at [email protected]
If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as we can.
Removing yourself from our list of blog and newsletter subscribers
If at any time you do not want your information used by the Resilience Shift please contact us at [email protected] or follow the unsubscribe link in one of our email messages.
Notices on our site and subscription box inform users as follow:
When you first come to our site:
When you subscribe to our blog and newsletter:
The Resilience Shift will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing. Please confirm that you would like to receive emails from us.
Receive email [tick box]
You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at [email protected] We will store your name, organisation name, email, and other contact details if you have provided them to us. We will add notes about your involvement with the Resilience Shift to help us understand what is relevant for you and where you may wish for us to contact you about our opportunities or activities. We will keep them for the duration of the Resilience Shift Programme. For more information about our privacy practices please see our Resilience Shift Data Privacy Statement. By clicking below, you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms.
We use MailChimp as our mailing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to MailChimp for processing. Learn more about MailChimp’s privacy practices here.
When you receive a blog notification or newsletter
(sent using Mailchimp) the footer includes the following:
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.
Click the links on the email itself to access these features.