We are looking for a Communications Manager to support The Resilience Shift’s programme of activities and initiatives.
The Resilience Shift‘s mission is to be the global hub for resilience best practice, accelerating critical infrastructure resilience across engineering and business sectors. Ultimately, The Resilience Shift aims to influence policy makers and practitioners and empower them to shift their behaviours and implement innovative approaches to the commissioning, design and operation of infrastructure.
Communication plays a central role in delivering our mission as an influential organisation in the resilience and sustainable development space, strategically amplifying our activities across multiple networks.
As part of our plans to deliver our 2021 to 2025 goals, our Communications Manager will support the growth of the organisation and its portfolio of brands including Resilience First and the International Coalition for Sustainable Infrastructure.
Reporting to the Head of Communications, the Communications Manager will be responsible for a wide range of communication activities, including writing and producing content for varying purposes; website and social media content creation and updates; delivering programmes of events and webinars as well as supporting stakeholder external events and activities to promote community growth. They will contribute to and help to deliver our plans for major global campaigns, helping to maintain our strong brand identity across commissioned content and production support.
The Resilience Shift is a founding partner of the International Coalition for Sustainable Infrastructure (ICSI). ICSI is mobilising an engineering-led coalition to make resilience and sustainability a cornerstone of every decision in the infrastructure lifecycle in every community around the globe. The Communications Manager will specifically support the development and delivery of materials aimed at engaging ICSI’s members and building awareness of the Coalition. They will disseminate and amplify ICSI activities, coordinating communications across different ICSI member organisations to achieve maximum impact.
Reporting to the Head of Communications, the Communications Manager will be required to carry out the following as part of the full suite of activities expected within the role:
- Support the Head of Communications to deliver the communications and influence strategy and tactical activities as tasked across our portfolio of brands and initiatives.
- Develop and deliver specific communications projects or campaigns as directed.
- Maintain a stakeholder database for the organisation and input to its development.
- Maintain the organisation’s website and communications materials, including reviewing channel content for consistency, functionality, broken links etc.
- Collate, analyse and present stats and analytics from the various channels and activities to report on or input to decision-making.
- Work with partner organisations effectively to share our content and co-create editorial opportunities.
- Write, edit and publish content of different types and for different purposes including newsletters, blogs, event materials, video scripts, membership comms and social media posts.
- Deliver a programme of events and webinars and assist with event co-ordination and management (including recording / photographing as required).
- Maintain a social media presence and posting materials as appropriate to our channels.
- Work with commissioned resources to manage design, editorial and production projects to completion, supporting with picture and stock footage research and clearance as needed.
- Ensure that the organisational narrative, branding and identity is consistently applied across all products.
In addition, the Communications Manager position will specifically be tasked with supporting ICSI under direction from the ICSI Programme Director and in close coordination with the ICSI Programme Manager. The Communications Manager is responsible for carrying out the following:
- Executes the ICSI Communications Strategy.
- Develops a communications workplan on a 3-monthly basis.
- Develops targeted communication strategies and messaging in collaboration with the Head of Communications, ICSI Programme Manager and Director and the Action Track leads.
- Provides editorial leadership and quality control across all ICSI communications.
- Ensures that the ICSI narrative, branding and identity is consistently applied across all products.
- Provides communications support to ICSI events.
- Develops and maintains a social media presence.
- Provides performance metrics to meet the ICSI KPIs requirements
- Oversees and interfaces with graphic and web design resources needed.
Requirements and skills
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong communications background and/or education
- Demonstrable evidence of typically over 5 years’ experience of working in a corporate communication, journalism or relevant marcoms role
- Strong organisational skills able to demonstrate experience of successful project and event delivery
- Strong writing abilities and can demonstrate excellent editorial instincts – able to spot a story and craft it according to need
- Experience of contributing to website content, social media platforms and blogs.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English, with strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in an agile and fast-paced environment, to work independently and proactively.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Journalism qualification or clear evidence of editorial skills and experience
- Experience of working in a non-profit organization is useful
- Graphic design and website development skills, and evidence of creative flair
- PR and media relations experience desirable, whether agency or in-house
- Experience in events management and coordination
- An interest in sustainable development, infrastructure resilience, or climate action is useful
This is a full-time role based in London.
Closing date for applications: 15th April 2021
To apply, please email [email protected] with your CV and a cover letter.