- This event has passed.
Institution of Civil Engineers’ Brunel International Lecture: Africa
8 June, 2021 @ 5:00 pm–6:00 pm
Seth Schultz presents the next stage of the Institution of Civil Engineers’ Brunel International Lecture tour when the focus will move to Africa on 8 June (18:00 SAST / 17:00 BST)
The 13th Brunel International Lecture Series was launched in London on 2 December 2020 and has toured the East Asia, Europe, Middle East and Americas regions in a virtual tour.
Seth’s lecture “21st Century Leadership is Partnership” will be followed by a topical panel debate tackling both global and local perspectives, the big issues facing the planet and the engineering profession before answering audience questions.
- Welcome from Owen Chirwa, ICE Country Representative for Zambia and Africa Chair
- Panel discussion and Q&A session with audience, moderated by Prof. Dr. Sabih Gatea Khisaf, ICE UAE Committee Chair and Vice-President International
- 13th Brunel International Lecture Series animation
- Regional Presentation by Seth Schultz, Brunel lecturer
Speaker: Seth Schultz, FICE, CEO The Resilience Shift
Opening remarks: Owen Chirwa, BEng. CEng. MICE MAPM, ICE Country Representative for Zambia and Africa
Chair: Prof. Dr. Sabih Gatea Khisaf, ICE UAE Committee Chair and Vice-President International
- Fred Mukonoweshuro Msc, CEng MICE, CIWEM, MAPM, ICE Country Representative for Zimbabwe
- Finlo Paish BSc. CEng FICE, ICE Country Representative for Ghana
- Dr Sean Philips, Head of Unit Focusing on Structural Reforms, The National Treasury, South Africa
- Eng. Dr. Dorothy Okello, Dean, School of Engineering at Makerere University, Uganda
- Owusu Antwi Boasiako, Representative of ICE Student Chapter Ghana