Help us to make resilience practical, tangible and relevant. You can apply to become a partner/grantee of the Resilience Shift. The deadline for this application round is 18 April 2018 (by 1700 GMT) . Interested applicants should note that this is not the only opportunity to work with us through 2018 and beyond.
The Resilience Shift Opportunity 1 is about the “ways and means” to make resilience practical, tangible and relevant. Our work to date tells us that there is some level of disconnect between available tools and approaches to enhance resilience of critical infrastructure, and those who could or should be using them. We want to create the go-to place for approaches and tools and a buzzing community of experts to help accelerate the shift from theory to practice.
We will achieve this by:
- Identifying available tools and approaches to enhance resilience of critical infrastructure in practice and foster resilience-based design
- Assessing current use of tools and approaches (users profile and uptake, maturity, case studies)
- Identifying how tools and approaches contribute to create value on the resilience value chain
- Creating an open-access and searchable repository of tools and approaches
- Identifying gaps and customer needs for new tools and approaches
- Engaging developers of tools and connecting them with users, or potential users, of tools
- Working with existing and potential users of tools
We will achieve success by teaming up with thought partners with the right domain knowledge, a global reach and vision, strong convening power who share our vision of a world that has embraced and adopted resilience concepts and practices in infrastructure.
If you are interested in working with us on these activities, please read the following guidance before applying: tRS_Opportunity1_Tools Approaches_EOI
You will need to provide:
- Contact details of applicant
- Organisation name and location
- Brief introduction to the organisation (200 words)
- What is your experience with applying, developing or assessing tools and approaches either in the specific field of critical infrastructure resilience, or in related fields? (500 words)
- How can you help us achieve success? (500 words)
The application webform is available here: https://ovearup.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/the-resilience-shift-expression-of-interest
The expected outcome would not just be one winner that would be a partner we would want to work with, but instead we would aim to identify a list of interested parties that we could engage with further, as well as at least one potential partner/grantee.
Please respond by 18 April 2018 (by 1700 GMT).
The Resilience Shift is identifying these approaches and tools and will assess them from the perspective of the value they deliver for critical infrastructure to deliver critical functions – i.e. to protect, provide and connect – under ordinary and extraordinary circumstances to the users/beneficiaries.
Read more about our approach to value in our guidance for applicants: tRS_Opportunity1_Tools Approaches_EOI
Our terms and conditions are available on request.
Please contact [email protected] with your queries.
Deadline 18 April 2018 (by 1700 GMT).